Old Home Remedies For Hypothyroidism
Old home remedies are comparatively cheaper and affordable than other therapies to treat hypothyroidism. Here are some of the old home remedies that can be very effective in treating and controlling the thyroid gland. Many of them do not decrease or increase thyroid function but it regulates the gland to produce enough quantity of hormone.
Thyroid gland is a small mass of tissue that is present on either side of the trachea or in general a windpipe. It is one of the most important organs of the human body. The entire body systems run on metabolism and metabolism is controlled majorly by the help of thyroid gland.
Hypothyroidism is the condition that results from malfunctioning of the thyroid gland. The thyroid gland produces insufficient quantity of the thyroid hormone called as thyroxin. This situation is also developed from the pituitary deficiency, but it is generally due to some abnormality in thyroid gland by birth (called as congenital/deformity) anomaly.
There are many ways to treat the thyroid gland. One of the best ways is adopting old home remedies.
Old home remedies start from your kitchen and undoubtedly helps in preventing, controlling and treating the diseased condition. There are many benefits of old home remedies and one out of them is the cost.
1. Take black Cohosh that helps in balancing the estrogen levels and can also be useful in controlling thyroid gland function.
2. Spirulina is considered as good health booster and thyroid regulator. There are many products available in the market containing this wonderful herb.
3. Agnus castus can support the pituitary gland and can help balancing estrogen that is known to interfere with normal thyroid functions.
4. Mullein covers and protects the cells and reduces the inflammation of the glands including thyroid gland. This is very useful in case of goiter.
5. Siberian Ginseng is very useful for adrenal and thymus glands and therefore also helpful to support thyroid health.
6. Another good home remedy for thyroid gland is to have primrose oil. This is the fatty acid that restores the functions of the thyroid gland.
7. Go for the low calorie food. Cut down on cakes, biscuits, sweets and alcoholic drinks those are relatively high in calories but low in nutrients.
8. Go for the food that is rich in vitamin A like yellow vegetables, eggs, carrots and dark green leafy vegetables that are thyroid boosters.
Besides these home remedies for hypothyroidism, the only way to tackle the condition is to go for a healthy lifestyle and to take a regular healthy diet. Nevertheless, there are some effective old home remedies for hypothyroidism which you can try out, rather than trying out some pills and tablets.
Related articles to the Old Home Remedies For Hypothyroidism:
Back to Old Home Remedies for Natural Healing of Chronic Diseases from Old Home Remedies For Hypothyroidism
Old Home Remedies Reviews: Skin Whitening Report Review